On March 22, 2012 at 6 PM EST, Financial Bin’s David Domzalski spoke with Danny Kofke, author of two personal finance books – How To Survive (and Perhaps Thrive) On A Teacher’s Salary and A Simple Book of Financial Wisdom: Teach Yourself (and Your Kids) How to Live Wealthy with Little Money.
Danny has appeared on numerous television shows including The CBS Early Show,Fox & Friends, CNN’s Newsroom, Fox News Channel’s Happening Now, The 700 Club, CNN’s Your Bottom Line, Fox Business Network’s Follow The Money, ABC News Now, FOX Business Network’s Varney & Company, HLN’s The Clark Howard Show and MSNBC Live.
He has also been interviewed on over 300 radio shows and featured in publications such as USA Today, Yahoo.com, Money Magazine, Bankrate.com, PARADE, Instructor Magazine, CBS MoneyWatch.com, FoxBusiness.com, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, ABCNews.com, USA Weekend, Woman’s Day, Consumer’s Digest, CNN.com, Bottom Line Personal, Your Family Today and The Huffington Post.
We asked Danny …
1. Can you give us your journey to becoming a teacher and then venturing into personal finance?
2. Tell us about each book – How To Survive (and Perhaps Thrive) On A Teacher’s Salary and A Simple Book of Financial Wisdom: Teach Yourself (and Your Kids) How to Live Wealthy with Little Money.
3. Do you think this information should be taught in schools and colleges? Why or why not?
4. Do you bring personal finance into your classroom at all or does your school? If so, how?
5. Are there conversations you feel parents should be having with their children?
6. What is one day to day lifestyle choice that you make? What is the biggest difference you find in your life and your peers’ lives?
7. Have you thought about giving up the teaching career and doing personal finance education full time?
8. If you could give the members of Gen Y one tip, what would it be?
9. How can listeners get in contact with you and buy your books?
Make sure to pick up your copy of Entrepreneur Intervention: Triumphs & Failures of Entrepreneurs today. Let these 28 individuals share their trials and tribulations with you as they embarked on starting and growing their own companies. It is available on Amazon in paperback and for your Kindle, Nook, iPad, or Sony Reader.
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are today, and you want to know that you and your family are safe financially now and long into the future. There is such a lot of information out there about where to put your money, how to spend, where to invest and how to protect your assets.